We love quick and easy dinner ideas for the weeknight! Try out this great tasting bacon cheese burger pasta, with a twist!
To make the bacon, we smoked it on the low, super smoker setting Traeger has for 2 hours. The last half hour we added our cast iron skillet with browned hamburger and onions season with our favorite burger seasonings.
Once the pasta was cooked, we combined the worchestire, mustard, ketchup, dill relish and cheese to make the perfect cheeseburger base.
We lined our pan with tinfoil for an easier clean up, combined the cheesy pasta, smoked ground beef, and smoked bacon and put the mixture back on the smoker for another hour!
The nice thing about this meal is you can make all of it inside without a smoker if you don’t have time!
For the smoker recipe, add 3 hours to total cook time. This makes it the perfect meal for weekends, but the shorter recipe is quick and easy for the weeknights when time is not on your side!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
- Large Skillet
- Smoker (optional)
- Measuring Cup
- 1 Pound Hamburger Ground, browned
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Box Pasta Elbow
- 2 Cups Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Worchestire
- 1/2 Cup Yellow mustard
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Dill relish
- 1 Package Bacon Cooked and chopped
- Brown hamburger in a pan, adding chopped onions (if you like onions). Season with favorite burger seasoning
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta.
- Cook bacon, or buy precooked bacon. We smoked our bacon on low, super smoke setting on our Traeger for 2 hours at 180⁰ for extra flavor.
- *optional* once hamburger is full cooked, smoke for 30 minutes. We used cast iron to brown so we just placed the cast in the Traeger while the bacon finished smoking.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain, and remove from pot. Return pot to stove.
- Combine worchestire, mustard, ketchup, and dill relish to make a sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes to combine.
- Add shredded cheese to your sauce, we use shredded jack cheddar or Fiesta blend, but you can use whatever kind you like. Melt cheese all the way and stir until combined and creamy.
- Add cooked pasta into cheesy base.
- Remove ground hamburger from smoker (if applicable) and add into cheesy pasta.
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and mix into hamburger pasta. I use a scissors for this step and just cut the pieces into the pot.
- *optional* place mixture back on smoker low heat for additional smoke flavor. We smoked ours for another hour at 180⁰