Fall Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Fall is right around the corner and that means it’s apple season!!
If you are looking for a quick and easy brunch idea that is perfect for sweater weather and all things apple–look no further! This can be made with premade cinnamon rolls or you can make them from scratch. As always, I am looking for all the lazy-mom cooking hacks so premade cinnamon rolls are the perfect way to save time.
I had a few apples that were starting to get soft so I figured the best thing do was to bake them! Soft apples also make great dog treats, too! So of course, Valkyrie got a few apples pieces while I was shopping up the apples.
On to the recipe
To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut apples up into 1/2 inch bite-size pieces–if you don’t like a crunch you can peel the apples before you chop them up. Melt butter in a large pan, and add 1/2 cup sugar and a generous amount of cinnamon. Mix in apples and saute until soft–around 15 minutes. While apples are cooking, open a tube of cinnamon rolls and cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters.
Spray the bundt pan with some cooking spray, and place a layer of chopped-up cinnamon rolls–separating the pieces as you put them in the pan. You should use about half the cinnamon roll pieces in this step. Once apples are soft, use about 3/4 of the apples to create a middle, apple layer, and then cover with the remaining cinnamon roll pieces. Sprinkle the 1/4 of cooked apples left and top with a little more cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, checking for the rolls to be crunchy but not burnt on the top. Drizzle with icing and serve. Reheats really well and 1 bundt pan serves about 5 people in large portions.
Both my husband and my toddler said this recipe was a huge hit and are begging for me to make it again! You won’t be disappointed and what a great way to use up those leftover apples!
Quick and Easy Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- 1 Oven preheat to 350
- 1 bundt pan sprayed with cooking oil
- 6 whole apples sliced and cut into 1/2 inch bite sized pieces
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tubes cinnamon rolls cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup cinnamon eyeballed
- 2 packs icing from cinnamon rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter on stove and chop apples. You may peel the apple first if you don't like the outsides in your dish.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, and apples to butter in the pan and cook until apples are soft, about 15 minutes.
- While apples are cooking, open cinnamon roll tubes and cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces.
- Spray bundt pan, layer 1/2 of the cut up cinnamon roll pieces, separating the individual pieces to cover the entire bottom. Once apples have finished cooking, use 3/4 the cooked mixture to layer on top of the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Top apple layer with remaining 1/2 cut-up cinnamon roll pieces, and top with 1/4 remaining amount of cooked apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or so, checking that the cinnamon rolls are browned and cooked but not too crispy or burnt.
- Top with icing from cinnamon rolls and serve.
[…] really similar but just not quite the same! In total honesty, I was actually setting out to make my Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread but I opened to fridge to realize that I had croissants instead of cinnamon rolls… and so I […]