Back to school is so exciting and busy.
Here are a few tips and ideas to make back to school lunches even easier!
- Choose a few easy staples that your kids love and are easy to swap out
- Deli chicken
- Your favorite non-meat protein option; some great ideas include black beans, tofu, and quinoa.
- Once you have selected your protein, pair it with a cheese and a spread.
- Choose your grain
- Sandwich thins
- Flat-out wraps
- Your favorite
- Make it fun! Use fun fun shapes, fruit for eyes, or other unique ideas to keep the kids entertained
- Add some balance, a sweet treat and some fruits and veggies give a rounded meal for your kiddos
Easy and fun lunches don’t have to be complicated, especially when you are just getting back into the swing of school.
One other super easy lunch idea is to use leftovers, and create easy habits from a young age!
At our house, we meal prep all of our lunches ahead of time and I can’t wait to teach Carolynn these habits to not only save time and money, but establish healthier eating patterns right away.
Check out Heather’s back to school ideas