This recipe is super easy and tasty! We made these and they were gone instantly–even toddler approved. I know that some people make them with wonton wrappers, but I find the Phyllo dough to have a softer, more buttery taste that I really like with the taco flavoring. I also REALLY don’t love super crunchy stuff so these are a perfect fit for me.
These Taco Cups make great appetizers, or we used them for a full meal at our house. If you are efficient, start to finish is closer to 20/25 minutes just depending on how long your hamburger takes to brown.
Mini Taco Cups
- 1 Large frying pan
- 2 Muffin tins
- 1 pound hamburger browned
- 1 package Phyllo dough or precooked Phyllo cups
- 8 ounces cheese shredded
- 1 package lettuce shredded
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 bunch cilantro if desired
- 1 packet taco seasoning or homemade seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is preheating, brown hamburger on medium to medium-high heat, adding taco seasoning. Season with salt and pepper as well.1 pound hamburger, 1 packet taco seasoning
- Take phyllo dough sheets, fold in half until slightly larger than the muffin tin/cup size. Push dough sheet into cup and folder over excess dough in corners creating a dough "cup." Repeat for the rest of the muffin tin. Bake the phyllo cups until light golden brown, roughly 5 minutes.1 package Phyllo dough
- Once hamburger and dough cups are done, add a large spoonful and ground taco meat to each cup and top with cheese. Bake additional 3-5 minutes so all the cheese is melted.8 ounces cheese
- Remove from oven and top with remaining toppings. You can also add lime juice and guacamole, or your own fun ingredients!1 package lettuce, 1 container sour cream, 1 jar salsa, 1 bunch cilantro
Yum! These look amazing, we will have to try them out!
Thank you so much! Let me know what you think 🥰